My first ever blog post!

Hello readers! (I'll have to come up with some quirky nickname to call you all, but for now readers will do!)

     My name is Courtney, and this is my first ever blog, and this is the first ever blog post to come into existence from the depths! I'm actually typing this up while catching up on Hand Maids Tale, something I recommend for all those looking for something to fill their time.

     I am a 28, soon to be 29, year old book enthusiast as well as a 'mother' of two... If you count animals, which most people certainly do and is something I do too! My husband and I have our cat, Teddy; a ten year old tabby born from unusual circumstances that I had raised along with my mom and sister. He is a precious gem and the longest pet I've had the pleasure (and mild annoyance to own). In his older years he's been having some health issues, but he is still so loving and sweet that I couldn't imagine life without him in it. In the background is a KC (his actually name was kitty cat), who sadly had to be put to sleep. He was a 15 year old diabetic Maine Coon that in his prime was gorgeous, from what my mother and law told me. We also have our handsome dog, Loki. He is a mix- border collie and husky that has made him an interesting looking pup! He has the black and white coloring of the collie with the ice blue eyes of a husky. They practically stare into your soul, begging for you to give him that last scrap of pork on your plate (I don't, but it's so hard to say no when he gives you -that- face). He is four years old, with the sassy 'tude to match. Both animals my husband and I had separately, and brought together when we started dating and even married. So far, Loki loves Teddy and Teddy.. Well, he doesn't care so much for young puppers so much!

     In my spare time, of which I have plenty these days, I do the household chores (Hubby works so much and so hard that really it would only make sense) and when that's all done I pop onto my favorite MMO, Final Fantasy XIV! There I adventure through the land of Eorzea, healing those who need it, and plowing through mobs with my sword and shield (to be honest, I'm not so good with the whole 'tank' aspect, especially when hubby decides it's time to play his favorite game of 'let's rip hate way'. I don't like that game.) It's actually through this game that we met, fell in love and came to be together. Something uncommon for a Canadian girl and an American boy, but I can tell you all that there isn't anyone else I could picture myself with than him.

     This blog i'm hoping to post a variety of things; book reviews on whatever I can get my hands on, aspects of the game I play and finally just about my life and the things that are happening. 

My husband and I are currently going through immigration at the moment, and I would like to share that experience with those who may be going through the same thing, or are going to be. Hopefully whatever brings to here, that nothing I share is dull xD. To be honest I was never one who thought I would end up with a blog, despite the thought being in my mind for sometime and through some very forceful encouragement I made it! At this point it's making it my own, some how!

Alright, I think that's enough blabbing for now, I just wanted to introduce myself to you all and I look forward to interacting with you all in the future!

Comments

Popular Posts