Waiting on Wednesday #2

So! Trying to get into the swing of doing this on a regular basis, which to me means actually using the really nice planner I got about a year ago on top of trying to keep track of everything related to immigration. Just a little blurb before I go into my WoW pick. I am setting a goal for myself to follow a particular weekly schedule so I can continue to grow and thrive as a budding blogger (Not going to lie, every time I type blogger, it comes out blooger) which will hopefully look like this:
Monday : Book review
Wednesday: Waiting on Wednesday
Friday: Personal post in which I vomit what I'm thinking about onto the interwebs

For right now I am undecided if I want to tackle extra posts on Tuesday and Thursday or leave them as days in which to just bury into a book with coffee. We shall see!

Without further ado, my Waiting of Wednesday pick for this week is none other than You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone by Rachel Lynn Solomon.

About the Book:

Eighteen-year-old twins Adina and Tovah have little in common besides their ambitious nature. Viola prodigy Adina yearns to become a soloist—and to convince her music teacher he wants her the way she wants him. Overachiever Tovah awaits her acceptance to Johns Hopkins, the first step on her path toward med school and a career as a surgeon.
But one thing could wreck their carefully planned futures: a genetic test for Huntington’s, a rare degenerative disease that slowly steals control of the body and mind. It’s turned their Israeli mother into a near stranger and fractured the sisters’ own bond in ways they’ll never admit. While Tovah finds comfort in their Jewish religion, Adina rebels against its rules.
When the results come in, one twin tests negative for Huntington’s, and the other tests positive.
These opposite outcomes push them farther apart as they wrestle with guilt, betrayal, and the unexpected thrill of first love. How can they repair their relationship, and is it even worth saving?
From debut author Rachel Lynn Solomon comes a luminous, heartbreaking tale of life, death, and the fragile bond between sisters.

Now to be honest I was immediately drawn to the cover; the play of reflections on water, the fall leaves scattered on the ground, and the two figures huddled close together sharing a moment. The title also reminded me of the song from Pitch Perfect as sung by Anna Kendrick (who is an absolute gem). I then had to go and find out more about this book, when I came across the description on Goodreads and oh my! Not in a bad way, but a blown away way.
This book deals with sisterly bonds (something I can relate to oh so well having an elder sister myself), as well as how one deals with the things that are thrown at them. I have a very good feeling that this book will probably leave me crying in the end, being the sensitive soul I am, especially when it comes to ravaging diseases, but it will be a book well worth reading.

So that is my waiting on Wednesday! This beauty is set to release next year, January 2nd 2018. So make sure you get you hands on a copy! 

Comment with some of your own and if you have any tips on how to make this blog better I would welcome the help!

Also! You can find the lovely Rachel on twitter @rlynn_solomon, so head on over and give her some love an encouragement



Happy reading y'all!

All pictures were grabbed from http://rivetedlit.com/2017/06/16/cover-reveal-youll-miss-me-when-im-gone/.

Comments

Popular Posts