Waiting on Wednesday #3



Hello and welcome back!
This weeks Waiting on Wednesday actually made me reminisce on my days spent at university, where there was a plethora of subjects to choose from in terms of what you wanted to learn. Before I began my journey into the Classics and English, I dabbled in a selection of courses dealing with world religions, something that I had already dipped my toes in when I was still in High School. It was in these classes that I became so aware of what other people practiced, not that I hadn't know about other cultures and their religions, but now I had a better understand of what they believed, who they worshipped, and some of the more important aspects of how they choose to express their faith.

My pick for this week is The Library of Fates by Aditi Khorana



A romantic coming-of-age Indiand folklore, perfect for fans of The Star-Touched Queen and The Wrath and the Dawn.

No one is entirely certain what brings the Emperor Sikander to Shalingar. Until now, the idyllic kingdom has been immune to his many violent conquests. To keep the visit friendly, Princess Amrita has offered herself as his bride, sacrificing everythingfamily, her childhood love, and her freedom to save her people. But her offer isn't enough.
The unthinkable happens, and Amrita finds herself a fugitive, utterly alone but for an oracle named Thala, who was kept by Sikander as a slave and managed to escape amid the chaos of a palace under siege. With nothing and no one else to turn to, Amrita and Thala are forced to rely on each other. But while Amrita feels responsible for her kingdom and sets out to warn her people, the newly free Thala has no such ties. She encourages Amrita to go on a quest to find the fabled Library of All Things, where it is possible for each of them to reverse their fates. To go back before Sikander took everything from them.
Stripped of all that she loves, caught between her rosy past and an unknown future, will Amrita be able to restore what was lost, or does another life—and another love—await?

Publish date: July 18th 2017

So what initially caught my attention as this title made it's rounds through the twitter universe is the cover; the ombre effect reminds me of the sky as the sun sets, turning from pink, to shades of purple and blue. It's one of my most favorite times of day, especially if you get to watch it while also listening to the ocean. Besides the soft coloring is also the figure sitting upon what I can only describe as a throne (one that I wouldn't mind having in my house). Even the way this young lady is designed calls back to those classes, remind me of the goddess Lakshmi.

This is definitely on the list of books to buy and would make a lovely addition on my lonely shelf ;^; What are some of the things you guys are waiting on?

Happy reading y'all!

Comments

Popular Posts